Let's get down to business*: I found a necklace at a cheap jewelry store that seemed to be the perfect backdrop to create a Dannijo-esque bib necklace with its rows of chunky circular links. But it had a bit of... a problem. Here's the before:
Like a disco ball for cleavage, the weird plastic key-chain jewel had to go. Once it was removed, I had a blank canvas to personalize. I was inspired by Dannijo's use of dagger beads and lady-like pearls. See how reinterpreted the necklace after the jump!
(images from here)
*If you read that phrase and immediately sang the song from Mulan, mad points for you.
Tools and Materials:
Head pins (not pictured)
Pre-made necklace (similar)
1. Using my pliers, I removed the "gem" and its links.
2. Attached the spike beads to every other link using jump rings.
3. I originally thought I would use beading wire, but changed my mind and used head pins instead.
4. Slide a bead onto a pin.
5. Trim down the pin and bend it into a loop with the pliers.
6. Repeat with the other pearls.